Buy This Entire Record For
Davis v. Salida Housing Authority
United States District Court, D. Colorado
August 2, 2018
JADA DAVIS, Plaintiff,
SALIDA HOUSING AUTHORITY, IDA HANSEN, AMY BARTON, MERLE LITTLEFIELD, TOM SANDEL, GWEN PERSCHBACKER, LORRAINE GREEN, BILLIE JEAN VALDEZ, DAVID WRITE, JACKIE SHEPHERD, JIM LIVECCHI, and THE CITY OF SALIDA, COLORADO, Defendant.
OPINION AND ORDER ON MOTION FOR SUMMARY
S. Krieger Chief United States District Judge
MATTER comes before the Court on the Defendant's
Motion for Summary Judgment (# 44), the
Plaintiff's Response (# 52), and the
Defendant's Reply (# 55); and the
Plaintiff's Motion for Summary Judgment (#
56) and the Defendant's Response (#
57). For the following reasons, the Motion is
Court exercises jurisdiction under 28 U.S.C. § 1331.
Jada Davis, proceeding without the assistance of counsel,
a resident of the Mount Shavano Manor apartments, managed by
Defendant Salida Housing Authority. Ms. Davis' Complaint
• Her apartment was never cleaned. Specifically, the
blinds were filthy and the bathroom sink and shower stall
were dirty. # 1-1 at 1, # 14 at 17, 24.
• She was threatened with eviction by Defendant Tom
Sandell “if I don't allow Mrs. Valdez and Mr. Write
into my home - they are racist, unprofessional,
disrespectful, and Mrs. Valdez twice refuse to give me
[illegible].” # 1-1 at 1.
• Defendant Valdez harassed Ms. Davis from the day she
signed her lease, particularly by twice refusing to give out
her supervisor's phone number. # 14 at 17, 24.
• Defendant Valdez lied “about getting my food
from community room with other tenants”. # 14 at 17,
• Defendant Lorraine Green told Ms. Davis to “see
if I can stand on my head and sign for my food box”. #
14 at 17.
• When Ms. Davis went to Defendant Green to complain
about Defendant Valdez, she told her that Valdez calls her
own grand kids “little shits”. # 14 at 17.
• Defendant Jackie Shepherd egged and spraypainted her
car. # 1-1 at 22.
• Defendants Valdez and Ida Hansen, along with other
board members, lied about changes in Ms. Davis' lease,
apparently to force her out of her apartment. # 14 at 19.
Specifically, they attempted to transition Ms. Davis from a
lease that terminated upon her death or ...