United States District Court, D. Colorado
ORDER REGARDING MOTIONS PRACTICE AND CIVIL TRIALS (EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 4, 2015)
KRISTEN L. MIX, UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGE
The following procedures and orders supplement the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the local rules of this Court. In order to fairly and efficiently try the merits of each case, the Court ORDERS as follows:
I. Motions Practice
1. Page Limitations. All motions, whether dispositive or nondispositive, and responses are limited to a total of twenty (20) pages each, absent leave of Court. All replies are limited to a total of ten (10) pages each, absent leave of Court. These page limitations shall include the cover page, jurisdictional statement, statement of facts, procedural history, argument, authority, closing, signature block, and all other matters, except the certificate of service and exhibits.
2. Partial Motions for Summary Judgment. Partial motions for summary judgment are encouraged but must be filed by the dispositive motions deadline.
3. Exhibits to Motions for Summary Judgment. Exhibits to motions for summary judgment shall be filed on the electronic docket. The parties shall not submit exhibits to Chambers in hard copy, unless otherwise ordered. This procedure does not apply to nondocumentary exhibits such as copies of audio or video recordings.
II. Final Pretrial Conference/Trial Preparation Conference (“FPTC/TPC”)
1. Date. The FPTC/TPC will be held on September 12, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. in Courtroom A401, Fourth Floor, Alfred A. Arraj United States Courthouse, 90119th Street, Denver, Colorado. Trial counsel must attend in person.
2. Deadline for filing proposed Final Pretrial Order. The proposed Final Pretrial Order is due on September 5, 2016.
3. Instructions for preparation of Proposed Final Pretrial Order. The parties must use the form of proposed Final Pretrial Order available on the court’s website and as an attachment to the Local Rules, with the following changes:
- section 6(a)(3) and (b)(3) must be modified to include a statement about proposed use of videotaped and non-videotaped deposition testimony.
- section 7(b) must be deleted.
III. Pretrial Deadlines
1. Exchange of exhibit and witness lists.The parties must exchange exhibit and witness lists fourteen (14) days before the FPTC/TPC. Exhibit lists must identify all exhibits by Bates numbers. Witness lists must identify “will ...