United States District Court, D. Colorado
ORDER DIRECTING PLAINTIFF TO CURE DEFICIENCIES AND FILE AMENDED COMPLAINT THAT COMPLIES WITH RULE 8
GORDON P. GALLAGHER, Magistrate Judge.
Plaintiff, Christopher Selectman, is a prisoner in the custody of the Colorado Department of Corrections (DOC) who currently is incarcerated at the Sterling Correctional Facility in Sterling, Colorado. Mr. Selectman initiated this action by filing pro se a Prisoner Complaint (ECF No. 1) asserting a deprivation of his constitutional rights pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. He paid the filing fee in full.
According to Plaintiff, he is serving a mandatory adult sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole for a crime he committed in 1994, when he was sixteen years old. (Id. at 2, 5). He claims that the continued denial of allowing him a meaningful opportunity for release violates his rights under the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments and Customary International Law. (Id. at 8-9). He asks for declaratory and injunctive relief, as well as attorney fees and costs and any further relief the court deems just and proper. (Id. at 9-10).
As part of the Court's review pursuant to D.C.COLO.LCivR 8.1(b)(3), the Court has determined that the document is deficient as described in this order. Plaintiff will be directed to cure the following if he wishes to pursue his claims. Any papers that Plaintiff files in response to this order must include the civil action number noted above in the caption of this order.
28 U.S.C. § 1915 Motion and Affidavit:
(1) ___ is not submitted
(2) ___ is missing affidavit
(3) ___ is missing certified copy of prisoner's trust fund statement for the 6-month period immediately preceding this filing (4) ___ is missing certificate showing current balance in prison account
(5) ___ is missing required financial information
(6) ___ is missing an original signature by the prisoner
(7) ___ is not on proper form
(8) ___ names in caption do not match names in caption of complaint, petition or habeas application
(9) ___ An original and a copy have not been received by the Court. Only an ...