United States District Court, D. Colorado
HAROLD T. MADDOX, Plaintiff,
TERRY MAKETA, Sheriff, and CORRECTIONAL HEALTH CARE COMPANIES, Defendants.
ORDER DIRECTING PLAINTIFF TO CURE DEFICIENCIES AND FILE AMENDED COMPLAINT THAT COMPLIES WITH RULE 8
BOYD N. BOLAND, Magistrate Judge.
Plaintiff, Harold T. Maddox, is incarcerated at the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Mr. Maddox initiated this action by filing pro se a Complaint (ECF No. 1) for injunctive relief and money damages and an Application to Proceed in District Court Without Prepaying Fees or Costs (ECF No. 3). As part of the Court's review pursuant to D.C.COLO.LCivR 8.1(b), the Court has determined that the documents are deficient as described in this order. Plaintiff will be directed to cure the following if he wishes to pursue his claims. Any papers that Plaintiff files in response to this order must include the civil action number noted above in the caption of this order.
28 U.S.C. § 1915 Motion and Affidavit:
(1) __ is not submitted
(2) __ is missing affidavit
(3) X is missing certified copy of prisoner's trust fund statement for the 6-month period immediately preceding this filing
(4) __ is missing certificate showing current balance in prison account
(5) __ is missing required financial information
(6) __ is missing an original signature by the prisoner
(7) X is not on proper form (must use the Court's current Prisoner's Motion and Affidavit for Leave to Proceed Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915 form revised 10/01/12 with Authorization and Certificate of Prison Official)
(8) __ names in caption do not match names in caption of complaint, petition or habeas application
(9) __ An original and a copy have not been received by the Court. Only an original has been received.
(10) X other: Plaintiff may pay $400.00 (the $350.00 filing fee plus a $50.00 administrative fee) in lieu of filing a § 1915 Motion and Affidavit and a certified ...