Not what you're
looking for? Try an advanced search.
Buy This Entire Record For
Student Loan Marketing Association v. Sisco-Skinner
United States District Court, D. Colorado
February 18, 2014
STUDENT LOAN MARKETING ASSOCIATION, Plaintiff,
TAMMY SISCO-SKINNER, Defendant.
ORDER REGARDING (1) PLAINTIFF STUDENT LOAN MARKETING ASSOCIATION'S MOTION TO AMEND CAPTION (DOCKET NO. 6) AND
(2) TAMEA RAE SISCO'S COMBINED MOTION TO INTERVENE AND RESPONSE TO PLAINTIFF'S
MOTION TO AMEND CAPTION (DOCKET NO. 7)
MICHAEL J. WATANABE, Magistrate Judge.
This matter is before the court on the Plaintiff Student Loan Marketing Association's Motion to Amend Caption (docket no. 6) and Tamea Rae Sisco's Combined Motion to Intervene and Response to Plaintiff's Motion to Amend Caption (docket no. 7). The court has reviewed the subject motions (docket nos. 6 and 7) and the responses (docket nos. 7 and 8). In addition, the court has taken judicial notice of the court's file and has considered applicable Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and case law. The court now being fully informed makes the following findings of fact, conclusions of law, and order.
FINDINGS OF FACT AND CONCLUSIONS OF LAW
The court finds:
1. That I have jurisdiction over the subject matter and over the parties to this lawsuit;
2. That venue is proper in the state and District of Colorado;
3. That each party has been given a fair and adequate opportunity to be heard;
4. That on April 20, 1992, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services d/b/a Health Education Assistance Loan Program d/b/a Student Loan Marketing Association ("HEAL") obtained a final judgment against Tamea R. Skinner a/k/a Tamea Rae Skinner a/k/a Tamea Rae Sisco from the District Court for the City and County of Denver, State of Colorado, in Case no. 92-cv-0330. See docket no. 6-1;
5. That an assignment of the above final judgment was executed by Delana Newman, representing Salle Mae Loan Student Loan Marketing Association, on July 15, 1992. In this assignment, the Assignor authorized the United States of America to ask, demand, receive, and sue out executions and take all lawful ways for recovery of the money due or to become due on this final judgment listed above. See docket no. 6-1;
6. That on December 16, 2004, the United States of America registered the foreign judgment listed above in this case 04-RJ-00032-MJW. See docket no. 1;
7. That the registration of the foreign judgment listed above was timely filed in this court under case no. 04-RJ-00032-MJW;
8. That the original Abstract of Judgment Notice named the judgment debtor as "Tammy R. Sisco Skinner". See docket no. 3;
9. That on January 7, 2014, Plaintiff filed its Motion to Amend (docket no. 6). In this motion, Plaintiff seeks an Order from this Court to Amend the Caption to show that the Defendant is "Tamea R. Skinner a/k/a Tamea Rae Skinner a/k/a Tamea Rae Sisco" as it appears in the final judgment from the District Court for the City and County of Denver, State of Colorado in Case No. 92-CV-0330;
10. That the certified copy of the final judgment Case No. 92-CV-0330 clearly shows that the Defendant/Judgment Debtor is "Tamea R. Skinner a/k/a Tamea Rae Skinner a/k/a Tamea Rae Sisco". See docket no. 6-1. It is clear that at the time of the registration of the final judgment in this court [i.e., United States District Court for the District of Colorado], the Abstract of Judgment Notice for Case No. 92-CV-0330 did not coincide with the names that appear on the final judgment in Case No. 92-CV-0330. Instead, the Clerk of Court for the United States District Court for the District of Colorado identified the Defendant/Judgment ...
Buy This Entire Record For