January 24, 2014
DENNIS J. DWIER, Plaintiff,
CAROLYN W. COLVIN, Acting Commissioner of Social Security, Defendant.
JOINT CASE MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CASES
JOHN L. KANE, District Judge.
1. APPEARANCES OF COUNSEL AND PRO SE PARTIES
2. STATEMENT OF LEGAL BASIS FOR SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION The Court has jurisdiction based on section 205(g) of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 405(g).
3. DATES OF FILING OF RELEVANT PLEADINGS
A. Date Complaint Was Filed: September 23, 2013
B. Date Complaint Was Served on U.S. Attorney's Office: November 4, 2013
C. Date Answer and Administrative Record Were Filed: January 6, 2014
4. STATEMENT REGARDING THE ADEQUACY OF THE RECORD
To the best of his knowledge, Plaintiff states that the record is complete and accurate. To the best of her knowledge, Defendant states that the record is complete and accurate.
5. STATEMENT REGARDING ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE
The parties do not anticipate submitting additional evidence.
6. STATEMENT REGARDING WHETHER THIS CASE RAISES UNUSUAL CLAIMS OR DEFENSES
The parties state that this case does not raise unusual claims or defenses.
7. OTHER MATTERS
This case is not an appeal from a decision issued on remand. The parties have no other matters to bring to the attention of the Court.
8. BRIEFING SCHEDULE
The parties request an extended briefing schedule to account for a large number of cases where answers were filed on the same day.
A. Plaintiff's Opening Brief Due: March 7, 2014
B. Defendant's Response Brief Due: April 14, 2014
C. Plaintiff's Reply Brief (If Any) Due: April 29, 2014
9. STATEMENTS REGARDING ORAL ARGUMENT
A. Plaintiff's Statement: Plaintiff does not request oral argument.
B. Defendant's Statement: Defendant does not request oral argument.
10. CONSENT TO EXERCISE OF JURISDICTION BY MAGISTRATE JUDGE
A. () All parties have consented to the exercise of jurisdiction of a United States Magistrate Judge.
B. (X) All parties have not consented to the exercise of jurisdiction of a United States Magistrate Judge.
11. AMENDMENTS TO JOINT CASE MANAGEMENT PLAN
THE PARTIES FILING MOTIONS FOR EXTENSION OF TIME OR CONTINUANCES MUST COMPLY WITH D.C.COLO.LCivR 7.1(C) BY SUBMITTING PROOF THAT A COPY OF THE MOTION HAS BEEN SERVED UPON THE MOVING ATTORNEY'S CLIENT, ALL ATTORNEYS OF RECORD, AND ALL PRO SE PARTIES.
The parties agree that the Joint Case Management Plan may be altered or amended only upon a showing of good cause.