January 21, 2014
JAY S. DEVAUGHN, Applicant,
MYRON BATTS, Warden, Respondent.
ORDER DIRECTING APPLICANT TO CURE DEFICIENCIES
BOYD N. BOLAND, Magistrate Judge.
Applicant, Jay S. DeVaughn, is a prisoner in the custody of the Federal Bureau of Prisons who currently is incarcerated at the Federal Correctional Institution in Big Springs, Texas. He has submitted pro se a document titled "Petition for Habeas Corpus." He paid the $5.00 filing fee for a habeas corpus action. As part of the court's review pursuant to D.C.COLO.LCivR 8.1(b), the court has determined that the submitted habeas corpus application is deficient as described in this order. Applicant will be directed to cure the following if he wishes to pursue any claims in this court in this action. Any papers that Applicant files in response to this order must include the civil action number on this order.
28 U.S.C. § 1915 Motion and Affidavit:
(1) ___ is not submitted
(2) ___ is missing affidavit
(3) ___ is missing certified copy of prisoner's trust fund statement for the 6-month period immediately preceding this filing
(4) ___ is missing certificate showing current balance in prison account
(5) ___ is missing required financial information
(6) ___ is missing an original signature by the prisoner
(7) ___ is not on proper form (must use the court's current form)
(8) ___ names in caption do not match names in caption of complaint, petition or habeas application
(9) ___ other:
Complaint, Petition or Application:
(10) ___ is not submitted
(11) X is not on proper form
(12) ___ is missing an original signature by the prisoner
(13) ___ is missing page nos.
(14) ___ uses et al. instead of listing all parties in caption
(15) ___ names in caption do not match names in text
(16) ___ addresses must be provided for all defendants/respondents in "Section A. Parties" of complaint, petition or habeas application
(17) ___ other: Applicant fails to make clear why he has filed the habeas corpus petition in the District of Colorado instead of the Northern District of Texas, Abilene Division.
Accordingly, it is
ORDERED that Applicant cure the deficiencies designated above within thirty (30) days from the date of this order. Any papers that Applicant files in response to this order must include the civil action number on this order. It is
FURTHER ORDERED that Applicant shall obtain the court-approved form for filing an Application for Writ of Habeas Corpus Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2241 (with the assistance of his case manager or the facility's legal assistant), along with the applicable instructions, at www.cod.uscourts.gov. It is
FURTHER ORDERED that, if Applicant fails to cure the designated deficiencies within thirty (30) days from the date of this order, the action will be dismissed without further notice. The dismissal shall be without prejudice.