Buy This Entire Record For
Brown v. Summit County Sheriffs Department
United States District Court, D. Colorado
January 9, 2014
D BROWN, Plaintiff,
SUMMIT COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT, JEFF WILSON, Deputy, DENNIS, Detective, CORNELL, Deputy, JOHN MINOR, and OTHER DEPUTIES, Unknown names, Defendants.
ORDER DIRECTING PLAINTIFF TO CURE DEFICIENCIES
BOYD N. BOLAND, Magistrate Judge.
Plaintiff, D Brown, a resident of California, has filed a Verified Complaint for Relief pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1343 and 42 U.S.C. § 1983 asserting that the Defendants, law enforcement officers in Colorado, have violated various federal criminal statutes, the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act (PKPA), 28 U.S.C. § 1738A, and her federal due process rights, in preventing her from enforcing her custody rights over her children in Colorado. Plaintiff has also filed motions for leave to proceed in forma pauperis. After review pursuant to D.C.COLO.LCivR 8.1(a), the Court has determined that the submitted document is deficient as described in this Order. Plaintiff will be directed to cure the following if she wishes to pursue her claims. Any papers that Plaintiff files in response to this Order must include the civil action number noted above in the caption of this Order.
Motion and Affidavit for Leave to Proceed Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915:
(1) ___ is not submitted
(2) xx is not on proper form (must use the court's current form)
(3) ___ is missing original signature by plaintiff/petitioner/applicant
(4) ___ is missing affidavit
(5) ___ affidavit is incomplete
(6) ___ affidavit is not notarized or is not properly notarized
(7) ___ names in caption do not match names in caption of complaint, petition or application
(8) xx other: motion is necessary only if fees totaling $400.00 are not paid in advance.
Complaint, Petition or Application:
(11) ___ is not submitted
(12) X is not on proper form (must use the court's ...