ALAN D. CHALEPAH, Plaintiff,
CANON CITY & ROYAL GORGE ROUTE, a/k/a ROYAL GORGE ROUTE RAILROAD, Defendant.
BOYD N. BOLAND, Magistrate Judge.
1. This matter comes before the Court on the parties' Stipulated Motion for Entry of Protective Order. The Court has reviewed that Motion. The Motion is meritorious and acceptable. Therefore, IT IS ORDERED:
1. This Protective Order shall apply to all documents, materials, and information, including without limitation, documents produced, answers to interrogatories, responses to requests for admission, deposition testimony, and other information disclosed pursuant to the disclosure or discovery duties created by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
2. As used in this Protective Order, "document" is defined as provided in Fed.R.Civ.P. 34(a). A draft or non-identical copy is a separate document within the meaning of this term.
3. Information designated "CONFIDENTIAL" shall be information that is confidential and entitled to protection under Fed.R.Civ.P. 26(c)(1), and that contains (a) personnel information concerning current and former employees of Defendant Canon City & Royal Gorge Railroad, LLC, a/k/a Royal Gorge Route Railroad (incorrectly identified as Canon City & Royal Gorge Route, LLC, a/k/a Royal Gorge Route Railroad), to the extent that such information implicates privacy interests and is not generally known to the public; (b) proprietary business information of the Defendant; (c) information containing industry trade secrets; and (d) information relating to Plaintiff concerning personal and confidential matters not generally known to the public, such as, but not limited to, income information, medical information, and information regarding contacting prospective employers.
Documents designated as "CONFIDENTIAL" shall be first reviewed by an attorney or pro se party who will certify that the designation is based on a good faith belief that the information is confidential or otherwise entitled to protection under Fed.R.Civ.P. 26(c)(1).
4. CONFIDENTIAL documents, materials, and/or information (collectively "CONFIDENTIAL information") shall be used solely for the purpose of this action, and shall not, without the consent of the party producing it or further Order of the Court, be used, transferred, disclosed or communicated in any way, except that such information may be disclosed to:
(a) attorneys actively working on this case;
(b) persons regularly employed or associated with the attorneys actively working on the case whose assistance is required by said attorneys in the preparation for trial, at trial, or at other proceedings in this case;
(c) the parties, including designated representatives for Defendant;
(d) expert witnesses and consultants retained in connection with this proceeding, to the extent such disclosure is necessary for preparation, trial or other proceedings in this case;
(e) the Court and its employees ("Court Personnel");
(f) stenographic reporters who are engaged in proceedings necessarily incident to the conduct of this action;
(g) deponents, witnesses, or potential witnesses; and (h) other persons by written ...